Superheroes at Elm Court!
Team London came to Elm Court today, helping students to discover their superhero qualities!
The Team London Young Ambassadors programme aims to provide students with:
- The confidence to know they have the power to make a positive impact on their community
- A safer, more positive school environment through nurturing youth engagement and leadership.
- Tangible leadership and life skills, including interpersonal communication, public speaking, organisation, teamwork and time management.
- A greater sense of empathy and respect
- Education on local issues
- Opportunities to understand the importance of active citizenship to their community and to one another through volunteering
- A greater connection to their community through volunteering and to one another
Students attended an inspiring assembly, where they learned about the ways in which everyday people can change the world. Throughout the day, the lively, thought-provoking Team London workshops encouraged students to come up with ways in which they could make a difference in their own communities. Thanks to Dezzi and Bilal from Team London for bringing this initiative to our school – we intend to continue follow-up on the fabulous ideas they have helped our students to begin developing.