Physical Education at Elm Court
“You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.”
Michael Jordan (born February 17, 1963)
The Physical Education Curriculum has been designed to promote health and fitness and encourage pupils to participate in sport once they have left school. Pupils take part in a variety of activities at Elm Court School, these include, football, basketball, gymnastics, boxing, cycling, swimming, cricket and horse riding to name a few.
Emphasis is placed on teamwork, communication skills and sportsmanship. Pupils can also develop the skills to evaluate and analyse their own performance.
Elm Court School for the last 5 years has been very successful in producing strong candidates to represent Lambeth borough in both football and athletics at the London Youth Games. Elm Court School also has a range of after school activities.
The school also has a number of partnerships with the following providers;
- Let Me Play – Gymnastics
- Rugby for Change – the Lawrence Dallaglio Foundation
- Membership of the Special Schools Sports League
- London Borough of Lambeth – London Youth Games, Athletics and Bikeability
- Greenwich Leisure Limited
- Fulham Football Club
- Fitzroy Lodge – Boxing Club
- Wide Horizons – Outdoor Pursuits
- Step Into Dance