Lambeth Council has given us the opportunity to complete the Investor in Careers standard for our careers education. We are one of 16 Lambeth schools currently working towards this.
The Investor in Careers standard is about improving students’ awareness of opportunities, raising their aspirations and working with them to ensure they achieve their full potential. It is a quality standard for the management of careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG). It is now the most widely used quality award of its kind, recognised nationally across the country. To receive it, we will have to demonstrate our commitment to provide impartial, independent careers education, information, advice and guidance to all of our students.
What’s in it for our students?
We continue to work to ensure that our Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programme gives our students:
- Awareness of opportunities
- Broad horizons
- High motivation to achieve
- Ability to make the right choices
- Involvement in designing and evaluating our CEIAG programme
- Access to a curriculum that is relevant to life beyond school, including the world of work and further education
- Equal opportunities.
What’s in it for the school?
The Investor in Careers Award helps us ensure that we:
- Meet legislation requirements
- Follow Government guidelines
- Have a framework for CEIAG
- Have independent, objective evidence for inspections (e.g. Ofsted)
- Receive public recognition of our provision of CEIAG
- Integrate CEIAG within the curriculum
- Have a whole school approach to CEIAG.
For further information about our CEIAG programme, please contact Anne-Marie Pugh, Off-Site Provision or Aylla Macphail, Assistant Headteacher – Curriculum & Assessment through the school office or email firstname.lastname@example.org